Here are some green initiatives that are frequently adopted in the workplace, according to a survey by Buck Consultants:
- Implement a recycling program.
- Use the Internet and teleconferencing to cut down on business travel.
- Put summary plan descriptions (SPDs) and other HR communications online to reduce printing.
- Offer employees the opportunity to telecommute.
- Establish a ridesharing program.
- Implement wellness programs around proper nutrition, fitness and healthy living.
Source: The Greening of the American Workplace Survey, released April 21, 2010; Buck Consultants, http://www.buckconsultants.com.